This building took its name from what was one of the largest employers in the area, but when Fisons closed down its operation in Suffolk, its former headquarters was left to decay for a full decade.
Working in collaboration with the local developer E Hobbs, we got to work on converting the 40,000 sq ft shell into a 62,000 sq ft landmark grade A office. The 1950’s concrete frame was supported, extended and fitted out to breathe new life into a building which was once the heartbeat of Ipswich.
The office features close to 1000 sq m of glazing over four storeys, and is fully fitted with Kingspan benchmark flat panel cladding, solar shading and feature steelwork. The interior fit out includes raised access floors, with heating and cooling systems all designed for maximum flexibility.
63,000 sq ft
E Hobbs Ltd
Design and Build