A milestone was reached for the PDR team working on the Premier Inn Extension, Huntriss Row, with the last finial stone being installed onto the Grade II listed façade.
This complex scheme sees sympathetic restoration and refurbishment to elements of the old Constitutional Club built in 1887 with an adjoining extension to provide a further 90-beds to an existing Premier Inn.
The team and supply chain have worked tirelessly to ensure all works have been carefully handled and restored accordingly, with listed elements including:
- Retention and restoration work to the listed Façade
- Disassemble of the upper floor section
- DOFF cleaning and repair to brick and stonework
- Preserve, catalogue and store materials
- Reinstatement and replacement of green slate tiles to the roof
- Salvage work to leaded light windows, sympathetic replacement where cannot be salvaged
The works have taken place behind a fully wrapped building due to its siting within the pedestrianised area of Scarborough shopping quarter, landlocked by other businesses.
Reconfiguration and extension works continue to the rest of the building which sees the existing reception area move into the listed building part and the restaurant extended to cater for the high numbers of guests.